Monday, April 03, 2006

Anonymity

Is this blog yours?
If so, my first impressions
I whole-heartedly agree in the value of Philosophy as a conversation

If it's your blog, I don't understand how you can talk about open conversation
but shroud your identity...

from JSmith68

“Shroud your identity” … you make me sound like the mysterious ‘hardened activists’ that the Governors of St James are so concerned about. Funnily enough we had a (non-School) house guest this weekend whose husband works with Tom Grubb, one of the leading protagonists. She knew about St James etc and the message she had got was that there had been a court case and that they had won ...

It’s not a matter of what I think, but of discussing the arguments. If I had wanted to hide who I was, I’d hardly have sent it to so many in a personal email. I could have used a yahoo address. I sent it to people that I trust not to misinterpret it. Others can find their own way here, I hope.

Apologies once again for publishing someone's private communication*, but I promise never to reveal JSmith68's identity, either here or anywhere else. I feel that we need to have this discussion openly. Anonymity is a way of making that easier. But anyone who wants to send comments under their own name is most welcome to do so.

* and I won't do it any more. Bad Vayukesha.

No comments: