Thursday, October 05, 2006

Names

After considering the many suggestions put forward, I've decided to change the name of this weblog to "At the Crossroads".

It suggests the importance of sometimes stopping to re-assess, and an informal meeting place where important matters can be considered. It suggests a place from which to view options. It says something about the significance of this moment in the history of the School, almost 70 years on.

Maybe (although I didn't think of it at first) it might remind you of the new premises of the London School in Mandeville Place.

Thanks to everyone who offered their suggestions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a name that's going to test my patience - and a very good thing too. As a keen putter-upper of signposts I look forward to developments.

Kevin said...

I'm not sure whether you think putting up signposts is going to be OK or not. So far as I'm concerned, why not?

Anonymous said...

The name is fine - enough from me for now.